After the end of the Second World War, Israel was established as a Jewish country. It is home to various holy places for the Jews, Muslims, and Christians. It is a popular tourist destination for a range of religious, historical, and natural places of interest. Besides, if you are a foodie, you cannot get better shawarma, hummus, or sabich anywhere else in the world other than Israel.
While there was no mandatory requirement of an insurance policy, post-Covid, the country has made it mandatory for all foreign travellers to have travel insurance for Israel that includes coverage for Covid-19. While the requirement is a medical insurance policy, most people travelling to Israel opt for a travel insurance israel policy that includes coverage for medical and non-medical exigencies.
Insurance Requirement to Travel to Israel
The Israeli Government has mandated that all foreign travellers have a travelling insurance policy with coverage for the treatment of Covid-19 to enter the country. Hence, if you are planning to travel to Israel, then you need to buy such a policy.
While a health insurance policy only covers medical emergencies, when you opt for travel international insurance, you get added coverage for non-medical exigencies too. You can buy travel insurance for Israel from India from Tata AIG’s website for a hassle-free experience.
It is important to remember that Israel is not a Schengen country. Therefore, you do not need an insurance policy that is Schengen-compliant. However, many travellers plan to visit Europe after Israel. If your itinerary includes Schengen Area countries, then you may have Israel travel insurance requirements in addition to your Schengen-compliant travel insurance policy.
Why Do I Need a Travel Insurance Plan for Israel?
While Israel is a safe country for travellers, emergencies can happen anytime. A small slip at the airport or lost baggage, or a natural disaster while you are there can derail your travel plans and also put a strain on your finances. An international travel insurance plan ensures that you are financially protected in such situations and offers the following coverage:
- Medical Emergencies: When you travel to a foreign land, you need to be prepared for a change in weather, food, and water. Many people tend to fall sick during the first few days in a new country. If the sickness gets severe, then you would need medical attention. An international travel policy offers coverage for such treatment costs. Also, if you get injured due to an accident or mishap, then the insurer will reimburse the costs. Lastly, it is mandatory for all travellers to Israel to have an insurance policy that offers medical cover, including Covid-19.
- Non-Medical Emergencies: An international trip usually has a planned itinerary and schedule. Even if one thing goes wrong, the entire trip can go bust. While this can mean an interrupted vacation, it can also have a financial impact. With a travel insurance policy, you can receive coverage for various travel-related non-medical emergencies like delayed/lost baggage, cancelled flights, loss of passport, and many others.
Places to Visit in Israel
Here are some places to visit while in Israel:
- The Dead Sea
- Ramon Crater
- Tel Aviv
- Sea of Galilee
- Masada, and many more
Best time to Visit Israel
The best time to visit Israel is from March to May and from September to November. These are good months for lounging on the beach without having to battle large crowds.
Important Information About Israel
- You need a visa to enter Israel. You can choose between a student, employment, business, and tourist visa based on the purpose of your trip.
- Make sure that you safeguard your passport, luggage, and other belongings, especially in crowded places.
- The Indian Embassy is located in Tel Aviv and can be reached at 00-972-3-7620700.
- There are many international airports in Israel that have good connectivity with major cities in India.
- The Shekel is the official currency of Israel.
Israel has a lot to offer to travellers. It is a country with a rich history and is home to various religious places. However, to make the most out of your trip to Israel, ensure that you purchase a travel health insurance Israel plan that offers coverage for medical and non-medical exigencies. This will also cover the mandatory health insurance requirement for foreign travellers set by the country.